Saturday, November 10, 2007

Day 5: Cu Chi Tunnel
Some people thought it is roti prata, but it is actually pancake with chocolate. Grandma had toast, eggs and coffee.









They had an open concept kitchen, where you can see everything that's happening. Our first stop was the lacquer factory. The people working there are all handicapped due to the after effect of agent orange.
















We didn't get any lacquer ware though they were really pretty. We went to the Cu Chi Tunnels after that. An example of one of the traps they used during the war, where the unsuspecting victim falls onto a bed of wooden stakes.















The tunnels were really narrow and dark though it might not seem like. It is only clear in the photos because of the flash from puppy, otherwise it is pitch black. I was really freaked by the experience due to my claustrophobia. I kept having to block out crazy thoughts of being trapped in the tunnel and not being able to get out.












They sell some really crazy tonic wines at the souvenir shop, it is also here that I fired the AK47, but unfortunately in my excitement, I forgot to take any photos. After Cu Chi Tunnel, granny and I went back for lunch. We had pho, I tried the spicy beef pho while granny had chicken pho.
























Grandma went back to the room to rest, while I went out gallivanting after lunch. They might not have MacDonald's or Burger Kings, but they have Lotteria. It is Korean I think and I ordered a cheeseburger meal, but unfortunately Winniefred ran out of battery and I didn't bring Puppy out with me. The burger is actually pretty awful, but luckily the fries were crispy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home